Advances in diagnostic technology, changing treatment concepts and philosophies, appliance design innovations, refined mechanics and subsequent exponential growth of practices to include diverse patient populations have transformed the face of orthodontics over the past several years. These changing trends in the profession are certainly having a great impact on the way orthodontics is practiced today.
This clinical course deals with in-depth practical knowledge of various orthodontic treatment procedures from diagnosis to finishing and detailing, to manage basic clinical situations. Step-by-step well documented clinical cases, live demonstrations to explain various aspects of the refined mechanics, and hands-on sessions in the logical sequence with immediate practical spin-off benefits to each participant are some of the highlights of this course.
During the entire course, an emphasis would be laid on “individualized diagnosis, and customized treatment mechanics and care” to ensure that all aspects of patient care are carefully matched and optimized to help clinicians to serve their patients better.
- Understanding craniofacial growth and biologic basis of the science of Orthodontics.
- Patient consultation and selection process to provide rich clinical experience.
- A well‐organized approach to obtain relevant database for each patient as basis of a strong foundation to establish accurate diagnosis, design treatment and individualized retention.
- Integration of biological aspects, diagnostic and treatment planning acumen, refined appliance system and bio‐engineering principles for efficient and effective tooth movement.
- Interdisciplinary orthodontics, its philosophy, principles and approach to maximize treatment results in patients requiring ortho‐perio‐restorative treatment.
- Contemporary orthodontic mechanics combined with optimal knowledge of the science to prevent untoward effects of orthodontic treatment.
- Use of appropriate retention plan based on current biologic and mechanical principles; and an effective post‐treatment management of a patient.